Managing a cloud transformation is like going into battle. It can be risky, expensive, messy, and complex, and success can be elusive. In fact, according to recent data, one out of every three migrations fails without bringing any benefit to the organization. Any seasoned cloud practitioner is likely to have some battle stories and learned some hard lessons in the process - it’s predicted that 60% of leaders will have encountered cloud migration overruns by 2024.
This is no surprise as there are so many challenges to contend with, including aligning workloads to cloud types, budget attainment, missing deadlines, misalignment amongst stakeholders, and the demand for scale and pace.
Despite these challenges and risks, when done correctly cloud migration is hugely beneficial. Operating in the cloud is becoming an essential business requirement and 80% of companies worldwide are increasing their use of cloud services. This is likely driven by the great cost, productivity, and user experience benefits operating in the cloud offers, including:
- Easy scalability, which saves you money on maintaining large data centers that are rarely used to their full potential.
- Cutting costs - according to Rackspace, 88% of companies save money when running services in the cloud rather than on premises.
- Increased security - many cloud providers have inbuilt security capabilities and automatic updates, plus you can access your data no matter what happens to your physical machinery.
- Remote collaboration, increasing productivity and responsiveness in dispersed teams.
- Integrations with other services, making connecting systems together seamless and more cost effective.
One way to increase your chances of a successful migration and ensure these benefits are realized is to learn from the successes (and mistakes) of those who have gone before you.
Learn from experts from the cloud migration 'front line' in our on-demand webinar
In this webinar, Madhavi Reddy, EMEA Leader Migrations Acceleration - AWS, Cutover’s CTO and Co-founder, Kieran Gutteridge, and Global Head of Enterprise Resilience, Steve Piggott, share real-life lessons learned and advice that you can apply to your own evolving journey to the cloud.
This webinar discusses:
- Stories from the field and cloud migration lessons learned
- How to successfully secure stakeholder alignment
- Establishing success criteria to align workloads to private, public, and hybrid clouds
- Ways to develop a great program framework
- Approaches for accelerating scale and pace with performance, security, and compliance
Whether you’re in the trenches of transformation or still marking out your plan of attack, this one’s for you. Or, if you prefer to read, there's this white paper of the same name!